Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Day at Cassis

One of the most striking things I have learned during my stay here is that the South of France is really beautiful. And I mean really beautiful-- jaw droppingly, earth shattering, enough to make you stop and think "I could spend the rest of my life here and be perfectly content" beautiful.

That probably sounded a bit gushing, but I just wanted to express my feelings about Cassis. Cassis is a small coastal town just past Marseille. It is known for its beaches, but mainly for its calanques. I'm not entirely sure how to translate "calanque," but it is an inlet in the coastline with little hidden beaches. I visited Cassis on Saturday. This is what I saw.















2 comments:

  1. Hey Char, it rather seems that perhaps you died after this Day at Cassis. I know you must be busy, but are there any other adventures you'd perhaps like to tell us about?

    <3 Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, as a matter of fact. You have no idea how tough it is to type from beyond the grave :p

      Delete