Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lazy Sunday

You will get a post on Paris in time, but for the moment, I wanted to let you know about my last day as a sulky, spotty adolescent. Tomorrow marks my first day as a sulky, spotty adult. Hooray.
I went hiking in Niolon, a tiny coastal village not far from Marseilles. My host mom is part of a group of people who get together and do things and she invited me along. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Warm, sunny and not a cloud in the sky. It boggles my mind that this type of weather is common and unremarkable here. Here are some pictures to illustrate my day.






This atrocious Myspace shot is to show how quickly the cliff dropped away. It was a long way down.

It was really sleep in places and slippery. This was such a popular trail that everyone's feet had worn the rocks down, so they were icy slick.

I saw a train.

And sat in a tree!

Here is a preview for the next post: The Return of What Charlotte Has Been Eating! (This is my attempt to satisfy a craving for proper English fish and chips: fish sticks, oven fries and peas. It wasn't too bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment