Thursday, February 9, 2012

It is FREEZING!

I am cold. Apparently, an evil wind from Siberia is sweeping across Europe and making everyone cold, which I think is very inconsiderate. My dear parents are telling me that it is about 60 degrees at home. This is patently unfair. I thought I was escaping chilly American winters to the sunny South of France. What do I get? Snow. Yes, snow. Last week, it snowed twice and it may snow again this week.




That last picture is of one of the frozen fountains along the Cours Mirabeau, the big center street.

I went to Marseilles last weekend and this was the only picture I took.
The view right outside the bus station was lovely, but it was far too cold to do anything, so right after taking this picture, I scurried back inside. When it gets warmer, I shall return to sight see properly.

So, with all of this chilliness, you may be wondering, "How is poor Charlotte keeping her toes warm?" Well, thank you very much for your concern. Some of you may remember what I was knitting just before I left.

Socks, dear readers, my first pair of socks. The reason they look a little pilly and saggy is because I have been wearing them in the evenings non-stop since my arrival. It's a good job I finished them in time. There is simply nothing better for keeping your feet cozy than a pair of hand-knit wool socks.

And now, to the part that you're all looking forward to: the food! The other day, I stopped at a stand called Crepes-A-Gogo. I bought a ham and spinach crepe for lunch and a butter, sugar and lemon crepe for dessert.

Here is a sneaky "I'm definitely not a tourist so just ignore the camera" action shot.
My yummy lunch.

I have to say that, while the lunch crepe was good, the dessert crepe was divine. It was just a crepe with melted butter, sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice, but somehow it tasted fantastic! I have resolved to attempt making it for myself one day.

4 comments:

  1. Arg I am so jealous of you! Both for the wondrous amounts of snow and the delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it snowed again today and they let us out of class early. I was expecting to see big drifts of DANGEROUS SNOW. Nope. It was just a tiny flurry that didn't even stick. The reason they let us out early was because the buses were finishing early and they wanted the homestays to be able to get home. As we left, they were telling us to be very careful and not to slip. It's so cute how unprepared they are for snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Ah Char I'm so glad you're getting to see the area across different seasons! You'll be really hot soon enough! We miss you, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psh, the only season I want to experience right now is the lovely warm one, when you don't need a scarf, hat, and gloves to poke your nose outside the door.

      Delete