Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What a Relief!

Clarification about my situation has arrived! The program director responded to my queries, saying that I am doing a "partial" homestay. Apparently this means that I am living in someone's house, but they will not be feeding me. I am responsible for feeding myself. The "someone" is apparently a British lady who teaches English in Aix and rents out her rooms to students. I have a housemate, so I won't be all by myself. My housemate emailed me and told me that the English lady is very nice, the apartment is very nice and (best of all) there is wifi! Hallelujah! Also, my housemate has already been in Aix for a semester, so she knows her way around and hopefully can show me around as well.

Numerous fears and trepidations keep flip-flopping around in my brain, but at the moment, I am feeling good. This will be an amazing experience!

ETA: I've received an email from the program coordinator in Aix that said I would be having dinner a few times a week with two different French families. This is getting quite exciting!

4 comments:

  1. When exactly will you leave for France?
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the 17th of January, so not too long from now :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an awesome adventure is lying ahead :D
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear from your first days in France :D
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete