Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ah...

I just found out my housing placement for Aix and it's not a homestay. This is quite disappointing, as I had marked it as my first choice on the application form thing. However, CEA's disclaimer is that housing placement is based on availability, which is perfectly understandable, but nonetheless frustrating.  I realized that some people wouldn't get their first choice of housing, I just didn't think it would be me!

This means that instead of being fed delicious French food for breakfast and dinner, I will be cooking my own food. Ah. Instead of conversing with native speakers on a daily basis, I am sharing a room with another CEA student, who is almost certainly an Anglophone. Also, I have to provide my own bed linens. Boo!

There are definitely bright sides to this situation, but at the moment I am just wallowing in disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment